The site consists of two existing brick buildings, both six storeys tall with heritage parapet roofs. 104-106 Elizabeth Street was built around 1912. For many years it was tenanted by Carnegie and Sons. 108-110 Elizabeth Street was built for M. Brash and Co in 1925.
The heritage facade has been restored to its former glory. The canopy above the footpath is replaced with a semi-translucent glass roof. This allows pedestrians to look up through the canopy to the restored heritage facade above. the internals of the buildings are focused on retention.
The heritage features inclusive of the inter connecting stairways form the basis of the design intent.
Melbourne CBD, VIC